<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8285681843386186651?origin\x3dhttp://quite-sophisticated.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </head>
Photobucket

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Just came back from OBS.

It was simply too fun! Of course, it was not as torturing and evil as what my cousins and my elder sis said. But I believe I am still as drained and tired as everyone else. Slept for about 11 hours ytesterday,and had a morning nap today to regain my energy.

Unlike the earlier batch, my batch was a mixture of 13 schools, and my watch was formed by 2 schools; CCK and Anderson. A bit lonely in the begining though, as I only knew CM in my watch. The others from my school were Benji, Azri,Farha,Jasmine,and Amira. Instructor was Naf.and the watch's name was called Raffles.

But the 5 days made us very close and it was simply unforgettable. The land expedition and the kayaking made me realise how weak am I physically. But the others were cheering each other on, and I believe we were the most enthusatic watch in this batch of people! 

We also did the usual high elements.But there is alo a twist in this; that we are doing everything ourselves. I mean, in other camps , they do the tying ,and maybe the belading for you, but here, they let you do it yourselves.I guess it's good;I learnt how to tie my harnas (At last.) and belay people properly.

Of course,this does not stop here,You do EVERYTHING yourself. That means cooking, settingup the fire, packing up for expedition,among others. Teaches us to be very independent. Learnt a number of skills of cooking,like putting toothpaste on the bottom of the pot. Pitching tents too!

Learnt skills ot just physically, but also emotonally. Naf was very focused in terms of this segment. I learnt a lot of leadership skills that i will use in the choir... So watch out! Haha. This skills will sure have a lot of good use , especially next year. Unfortunately, Miss Sim was thinking of stopping this OBS thingy.. I hope she dosen't. Regarding photos, I have to wait for Hema to upload the photos. (Apparently,she bought her camera to OBS.)

So now back to enjoy and appreciate life back at home and continuing to do revision.  Another 20 days to Christmas...Heard that class is organising a party... Can't wait.

it got me home
1:16 PM


Profile

JiaLun)

17 this Year

Full time student @ Singapore Poly

Part Time Waiter @ Shin Tokyo

Wants

New handphone

Good Grades for my exams..

Have more friends?

Get scholarship@ SP!

MORE MONEY!!! :)

LOVES & HATES

Loves singing, Talking and More Talking! Plays soccer too...

Hates rude People(Even though I know I am a bit rude myself.) Haha.

Tagboard



Links

<3/7'08
CaiEr
Chasper.
DiHao.
Grace.
Kenneth.
PeiSi.
RuiPing.
Stephanie.
Wilson.
HuiYi.
HuaiHui.
Jolene.
Kok Ho.
Wendy.
Valerie.
Shirley.
YueQi.
Krystal.
Suat Kee.
WeiKen.
Maggie.
Huiting.
Amos.
April
WenShan
ZhiTing

Archives

November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
April 2010

Credits.

zero one two three four
basecode

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones